Friday, May 23, 2014

Hasbro Claims "Trademark"(?) Over The Word "Brony"

 Edit 7/15/2014
Some website posted a tag about this and claimed it was drama? I don't see how it's drama, unless I'm not understanding the term, but this is just news reporting, copyright facts (I.e. Telling people that they can't Copyright names), etc.
Edit done

You do know, the reason why I did (A while back) check up on certain brony sites while being an EX-Brony was to check if the "Freedom of the Fandom" was in "good shape". I still did not like Cease & Desist letters, as I think it's censorship. Laws can be unconstitutional or at least "Censorship", or both these days.

Now, for all the disaster issues I been through? I just don't care anymore. Or at least maybe the term "Brony" isn't a big issue.

The worst part of this was that I heard this was from "Horse-News". That's right, the place worst than Fox News, actually did for once, had news.

___________

While these idiots claim I have no understand of what Copyright law is, I will try to study this...
First, let's take a look at the Trademark area:

http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp
Though, does this make it clear that what they claim is "valid"?
First: I do not think Trademark laws are meant to stop people from expressing it in there own way. It was originally meant to stop fraud. It was also not meant to belong in "Intellectual Property" as I heard.

Second: From that "news" website, they are suggesting that Hasbro claim Copyright over the word "Brony".
Wait what?

Image found on "Horse-news.net"

It seems this looks nothing like a Cease and Desist after all, though, I didn't read the full news report.
However, I like to say: You cannot Copyright a name and also, however, even though it originated from "4chan", it's possible for a company to register the word I think.

_____________________

Well then, at this time, no end times, but I could be wrong.
_____________________
Yeah, this post isn't big, I'm just not feeling my self at this time... So excuse me for that. >_>

No comments:

Post a Comment